Sunday, July 15, 2012

Letting go, or as I put it, House Bulimia

This weekend was arguably one of the busiest and most unorganized (don't believe me, look inside my house right now) of my life. We basically sold the "farm"! As a majority of my earthly belongings were being haggled over and passing out of my life, I realized just how little you can actually live with. After Friday's sale, Saturday was like a whole new sale as I realized how many things I had forgotten to pull out and include out in the yard. It looked like my house threw up.
Now, it just looks like my shelves threw up all over my floor because there are no shelves now. I'm not looking forward to pressing on and just going thru all the piles, but I am feeling better and better about how free of stuff we are getting!
My thoughts are scattered as I prepare for these next weeks of tying up loose ends, and I can't quite seem to triage them as well as my McDonald's toys.
Random thoughts on purging your belongings:
1.) Sleeping on a 3 in. memory foam on the floor is actually WAY more comfy than I could have imagined.
2.) TV trays make a lovely family dinner table.
3.) When selling your children's toys, involve them in it and give it a purpose. Our boys have done amazing because they have had a friend to raise money for, instead of just giving up their toys. I'm thankful to God for that strange blessing.
4.)Once again, it's been proved that we have the BEST FRIENDS in the whole wide world. "Having a two day sale and need help so you can still parent your children? I'll come up for two days and basically man the cashier box and organize the crap outta your crap." "Sold your infant carseat? Here's one to use; heck, just have it!" "Don't have a bed for your dad who's coming to visit? Here, use our air mattress!" "Need to get rid of some extra dishes and home goods? Here, we'll pay you more than you're asking, just because we want you to have extra gas money!"

You know who you are...

GEEZE. I'm humbled.
5.)Also, I had such an AMAZING time and was over and abundantly encouraged by some of my best gal pals this weekend. Love you, ladies.
6.) I'm so fried after this weekend that all I want to do is drink a beer and watch The Bachelorette. Is that bad?
7.) I'm sorry I've been such a bad updater. I PROMISE you this; you will know the DAY we know our first assignment! Yup, we're still playing the waiting game...but we're still praying that we'd be able to be in the Orlando, Florida area or New Hampshire area first. Time will tell...
K, I'm gonna go now.
MUCH LOVE.

1 comment:

The Taylor Family said...

man...it's hitting me...hard. UGGGH! I know I cried at your wonderful wine and cheese party but now I can't even read this without crying....UUUUGGGHHH! I know I will see you again. I have no doubt in that...here or in our BETTER home..you know. I just adore you. I adore you. I know many women talk about looking up to you...not just literally. I am not sure that's it for me. I love you as my sister. Deeply. Thank you for loving me back and my family.