Saturday, August 25, 2012

How are you?

The question echos in my ears and heart at every new inquiry from loving friends far away. How am I? Good question. I'm sorry if I haven't really answered you who've asked. I've simply been trying to figure that one out for myself.
I had a little freak out session earlier this week. I felt kind of useless. The homeschool books haven't arrived yet (uh, yeah, so that's the beauty of homeschool, you can start when you want!) and the city isn't so familiar to us to be out all the time. Useless and stir crazy. Such is the sentiment of many a stay-at-home mom. You sit there, in the mundane and this anxiety hangs over you, "Do something!" (as if looking after 3 littles under 5 yrs isn't enough) There's this impetus to need to make a mark outside somewhere. I talked to a dear sister-friend today who said when that happens to her, she thinks, "Well, I guess I'll go Pin some more crap, or look online at stuff I could be doing." HA HA! I laugh because I relate.

Why do I feel the need to be busy, be creating, be fruitful?
Oh, yeah, because it's in our fabric.

I am meant to echo the heart, the image of the Creator. My sphere of influence seems to have shrunk and my soul is in a bit of a shock. Learning your way into the lives of a new community is just as hard as finding my way to the library at this point. (yup, still get lost)

I DO miss my friends, and my chosen family and that sweet circle of people who would challenge, encourage, and love me despite myself. I think that's how I'm doing...I'm feeling the weight of the space between.

We have great family and great connections through family here, but there is no replacement for time and experience. I know this intellectually. But that's like reading about childbirth and thinking you know everything there is to know about it. Clearly, not. Not until you live it. I miss knowing I had weight in someone's life and had a place I could make a difference.
Things are going well on the Nursing front. The job is relatively easy, considering a new facility and new employers, but the job isn't more demanding than we're used to and we're really thankful for the placement for our first assignment. Ask Tim for more on that to see if I'm giving an accurate portrayal :)

Now is the time to take one day at a time. To take the job on with the precious littles in front of me. To meet each job, trial, demand as it comes and to keep on the look out for others to whom I can give.
I'm out of my fences ya'll. It's a bizarre, exciting and strange land.

There are some changes coming of course, because why not add the overall theme? Keep posted...
(don't even joke about being pregnant, cause I'm not.)

No comments: