Friday, October 4, 2013

Quotable quotes-school edition

I thought I'd share some of our more hilarious or quotable moments in this adventure of homeschooling!

Last week at Classical Conversations I had (finally) prepped the boys for their "presentation" for the morning (much like Show-n-Tell but with a bit more teaching). The boys had chosen some favorite toys of theirs to share about. We had been absent the week before and hadn't gotten the memo that the theme for the day was to share your favorite Bible verse or story. Woooops.
Disappointed and confused, we tried to quickly re-prep both the boys for what they might like to share. Tim talked to Vrai, asking,
"Hey buddy, what do you think you'd like to talk about? Do you have a favorite Bible story or verse?"
Vrai cooly answered,
"I'm just gonna make something up."
(WHAT!)
Trying desperately to stifle his laughter, Tim recouped and asked again,
"Well, what are you going to say?"
"You'll see."
----------------
GAH! We DIED. Thankfully Vrai didn't say anything heretical and made it short and sweet. We were covering our faces to try to hide the fact that we wanted to fall down in tears of laughter. (whew! I'm cracking up just thinking about it!)

Here's another gem for those of you not on social media. Wyatt has started some really interesting and awesome historical revisions in his cursive book. He's got an historical image to color after each practice letter. Well, being Wyatt, simply coloring will just not do. Here you can see his mind at work.
Joan of Arc becomes Joan of Shark with a light saber

King John signs the Magna Carta while a knight casts a spell ala Harry Potter style on the Monk. 

In other news, I currently know all my 1st person Latin endings for present and imperfect tenses. Look at me, so special, woo hoo hooooo! :) Actually, I can't get the songs out of my head. They're super catchy almost to the point of annoying, which I think is a good thing.

It's never a dull moment at our little Travelers Homeschool. Pray for me.

No comments: