Sunday, September 28, 2008

(Clever title here)

Date night: a night in which you and your loved one get some time together.
Tonight was supposed to be date night. And, due to no one in particular's fault, it's sort of not date night anymore. Having two kids is trickier than having one kid. By the time we would have gotten out the door tonight, and put Wyatt down and gotten Vrai fed (and mommy pumped) and made it home in time for Tim to finish homework, it would have been just as well to stay in and have a so-called "date' at home...which is what is happening. But, somehow, a date at home is not quite the same. It's sort of like saying, "I'm going to study at home" and you never really do it unless you get out of your house.Frankly, I'm kinda having a bad attitude about it. This is my life. I signed up for this. But now I'm having a really tough time accepting this. I guess I didn't know what I was getting myself into. And well, I know it's not all about me...unfortunately:)
I know I would be miserable focusing all on myself...how do you know, you ask? I experience it daily! I daily fight the battle to feel sorry for myself and remember that God is for me and not against me. I'm certainly not mature in this yet. Here's praying that I will recieve what God has for me in spite of myself and my family's circumstances. So long, and good "date" night:)

No comments: