Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hurry, Bees!!!


Wyatt is seriously one of the funniest people I know. He's unmitigatingly stubborn, whether it's his age or his personality, it has made parenting really interesting. One time we were playing outside our front door where there isn't much keeping him from just running off. We just moved to this new place and on one side is a parking lot/out to the road and on the other is this dirt bike track, which is awesome, but not awesome when a two year old thinks it would be a good idea to run onto it while twenty plus preteens kareen viciously toward him...i digress.
Anyway, earlier, i.e. the end of this summer, we have had loads of these awful, huge and scary bees (or maybe they're hornets) making their dwelling in the siding just above the overhang of the front door. Once, to get Wyatt to come inside quicker than he normally does, I said, "Wyatt! Hurry inside! Bees! Hurry, bees are coming!" Truthfully, I WAS scared of the bees and for his sake, but I also saw that he might take me more seriously. He did. And now, whenever he sees that I might like him to come quickly, he starts running and says at the top of his lungs, "HURRY, BEES!!!"
He was playing with Tim upstairs this afternoon and was running from one bedroom to the next, and I heard it again, "Hurry, bees!"
I guess the moral of the story is, watch what you say, it has a great impact on kids, and also, Wyatt is hilarious.

1 comment:

Shanole said...

That is really funny. How cute!